Explain to your family that they are trying to guess a secret object. You will give them a hint such as “This is a person, place, or thing.” Let each person one at a time choose a number between 1 and 20 and whatever number is chosen, read that number clue. After hearing the clue, the person will try to guess the answer. See who will be the first person to discover the hidden object. For fun, you can also have your family create more turns by choosing and developing their own “20 Questions” which you can play following your family devotion.
Hint: I am a Place
The answer can be found at the end of the clues.
1. You can find me in a cemetery
2. I can tell you when someone lived
3. I was never alive
4. People refer to me when they speak of death
5. I have a dash above me
6. I rhyme with “brave”
7. People cover me with dirt
8. I can tell you when someone died
9. I am a sad place for many people
10. I am rarely found by myself
11. Most people will have one someday
12. People sometimes visit me
13. I am sometimes found in scary movies
14. I am a five letter word
15. I begin with the letter G
16. Some people think I’m creepy
17. I have a tombstone
18. The Bible talks about me when it refers to death
19. Jesus defeated me
20. I’m called a “final resting place”
ASK: Have you ever been afraid of death?
SAY: Most people fear dying but if you know Jesus, there’s nothing to be scared of.
ASK: Why do you not need to live in fear of death if you have given your life to Christ?
Read 1 Corinthians 15:55-58
SAY: Because Jesus died and rose again, He conquered death and the grave. Death has no power over those who have been saved by Him. We will die physically but dying physically means living forever in Heaven. In other words, there’s nothing to fear.
Take prayer requests and PRAY for your family.
(EXTRA: Make the word “Grave” your Word of the Day and see how many times your family can use it in conversations in the next 24 hours.)
Share these resources: