Explain to your family that they are trying to guess a secret object. You will give them a hint such as “This is a person, place, or thing.” Let each person one at a time choose a number between 1 and 20 and whatever number is chosen, read that number clue. After hearing the clue, the person will try to guess the answer. See who will be the first person to discover the hidden object. For fun, you can also have your family create more turns by choosing and developing their own “20 Questions” which you can play following your family devotion.
Hint: I am a Thing
The answer can be found at the end of the clues.
1. I taste good
2. Lots of people put me on popcorn
3. You wouldn’t want me on your ice cream
4. I am often used in cooking
5. Some people eat too much of me
6. I can make vegetables taste better
7. I am small
8. I am white
9. Most people put me in a shaker
10. A little of me can bring a big change
11. You can buy me at the store
12. I make people thirsty
13. Potato chips weren’t a hit until I was added
14. I end with the letter T
15. I am a four letter word
16. The only vowel in me is an A
17. I rhyme with “halt”
18. Many people shake me when they use me
19. You can sprinkle me on your food
20. I begin with the letter S
Read Matthew 5:13
ASK: What does this verse mean?
ASK: What does salt do?
SAY: Salt does many things. In Jesus’ day salt helped to keep food fresh. It also gives food flavor and it can make you thirsty too.
KEY: When people see how you know and live for Jesus, it will make them thirsty to know Jesus too. But if the salt gives no flavor, it has no effect. In other words, if salt doesn’t do what salt should do, it not going to make any difference. That’s like someone who knows Jesus, but doesn’t live for Him. The light they shine won’t make people thirsty to know and follow Jesus. Their witness is worthless.
ASK: Do you think your relationship with God and how it shows in your life makes other people want what you have?
ASK: What can we do that can help other people be thirsty for the kind of life we have in Jesus?
Take prayer requests and PRAY with your family.
(EXTRA: Make the word “Salt” your Word of the Day and see how many times your family can use it in conversations in the next 24 hours.)
Share these resources: