In this 20 Questions series, you’ll be challenged to use questions and answers as a springboard for family devotions.
Explain to your family that they are trying to guess a secret object. You will give them a hint such as “This is a person, place, or thing.” Let each person one at a time choose a number between 1 and 20 and whatever number is chosen, read that number clue. After hearing the clue, the person will try to guess the answer. See who will be the first person to discover the hidden object. For fun, you can also have your family create more turns by choosing and developing their own “20 Questions” which you can play following your family devotion.
Hint: I am a Place
The answer can be found at the end of the clues.
1. People used to think I was flat
2. I am round
3. I have seven continents
4. In the beginning God created me
5. I sometimes refer to things that are not godly
6. Another word for me could be “Earth”
7. “He’s Got the Whole ________ in His Hands”
8. I begin with the letter W
9. Ancient travelers journeyed around me by ship
10. I am mainly covered by water
11. You can see me from the moon
12. You have always lived here
13. You are in me, but if you know Jesus, you are not of me
14. All that I contain, God created
15. You get two tries to guess what I am!
16. The only vowel in me is an O
17. I end with the letter D
18. I have your country
19. I am big
20. I am bigger than the moon but smaller than the sun
Answer: The World
Read Colossians 3:1-3
SAY: There’s more to life than the things you find in this world.
ASK: What are things that people who just live for this world live for? (Money, stuff, fame, etc.)
ASK: How long do these things last? (Not long)
ASK: What should followers of Jesus live for?
SAY: We should live for the things that matter to God. We should live for eternal things. That’s why God told us to set our mind on things above, not on the things of this world.
Read Matthew 6:33
SAY: A lot of people spend their lives seeking the things of this world while God tells us to seek His things and to live for Him and all these things will be added to you.
ASK: What can we pray for our family to ask God to help us live for the things that really matter in life?
PRAY that God will help your family to set their focus on things above, not the things of this world.
(EXTRA: Make the word “World” your Word of the Day and see how many times your family can use it in conversations in the next 24 hours.)
Share these resources: